- First off – you really can build this thing very cheaply, but to do so you have to recycle, freecycle, and scrounge. If you just go out and buy new everything it will probably cost over $200 – still not bad all in all.
- This Article is featured in Jan 2010 issue of Birds and Blooms Magazine!
- Want to find out if this thing works before you read all this? Read 6 months in the Greenhouse first.
- Want to see what happens when a few inches of wet snow accumulates on this? Collapse!
- Building the Greenhouse Doors is addressed in a separate article – isn’t this enough for one weekend?
Welcome Stumbleupon Gardeners! How about a Thumb up if you like this article?
The planning is over and construction on my hoop house greenhouse has begun. I’ve rounded up all of the materials and it looks like I’m going to end up with about $50 in a 165 square ft. green house. Granted I already had most of the materials because I’m an incorrigible pack rat, but even if I had bought everything new just for this polytunnel It would still only come to about $120 $150 – less than a dollar per square ft. Due to the fact that we are in the midst of a global economic meltdown, and the future is a bit uncertain keeping the cost of this project as low as possible is an important consideration. » Read more: How to build My 50 Dollar Greenhouse